Access and Reimbursement Information for Axumin® (fluciclovine F 18) injection
The purpose of this web page is to offer information to providers and payers regarding reimbursement for Axumin. Reimbursement information and processes will evolve over time, as they do with any prescription drug. Please revisit this website periodically for the most up to date information.
Reimbursement Support Hotline:
Expanded Hours of Operation
Telephone support is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 8 PM Eastern time.
New reimbursement services to help patients access Axumin
- Benefit Investigation: Investigation of patient insurance benefits, including deductible and copayments, and verification of coverage status for Axumin and PET/CT, including insurance requirements and possible coverage restrictions.
- Prior Authorization (PA) Assistance: Information on PA requirements.*
- Appeal Assistance: Information on appeals requirements for denied Prior Authorizations or denied claims.
Additional services offered:
- Billing, Coding, and Claims Information: Assistance with questions specific to billing, coding, and claims submission for Axumin and PET.
- Patient Support: Support with issues related to reimbursement coverage, claim submission, and payment denials.
*Helpline provides information about PA/appeals requirements, but does not complete submissions for sites of care
The information on this website contains factual information and is not intended to be legal or coding advice. Blue Earth does not guarantee coverage or reimbursement for Axumin. The existence of billing codes does not guarantee coverage and payment. Payer policies vary and may change without notice. It is the provider's responsibility to determine and submit accurate information on claims. This includes submitting proper codes, modifiers, charges, and invoices for the services that were rendered. It is the provider's responsibility to ensure that all information on a claim is accurate. It is the provider's responsibility to check with the payer to determine whether the information contained on the claim is accurate. It is the responsibility of the provider to document the medical necessity of Axumin in the medical record.